1948-01-22 Page 7
Rev. C. A. Lawson Installs
Slate At Central W.M.S.
Central United Church Women's Missionary Society held its annual meeting recently when reports of various secretaries were submitted.
A successful year was reported with an increase in membership, and the amount of $2,326 was raised.
Besides this amount a donation of $581, in memory of Mrs. W. H. Cushing, was sent to the presbyterial to be applied to the building of a doctor's residence at Battle River.
THE GROUPS together read 820 books, made 1,761 home calls and 773 hospital calls. One hundred and seventeen sewn articles were made for the RedCross.
Rev. C. A. Lawson installed the new slate of officers as follows: honorary president, Mrs. C. A. Lawson; past president, Mrs. H. E. Crowle; president, Mrs. E. Geehan; first vice-president, Mrs. W. B. Fraser; second vice-president, Mrs. H. S. Jenkins; third vice-president, Mrs. A. Austin; fourth vice-president, Mrs.Roy Edmanson; recording secretary, Mrs. N. Desmond; corresponding secretary, Mrs. F. E. Graham; treasurer, Mrs. A. R. Williamson; Christian stewardship, Mrs. M. L. Bowen; temperance secretary, Miss E. Austin; literature secretary, Mrs. J. C. McLeod; press, Mrs. L. Larson; associate helpers, Mrs. B. Trimble; missionary monthly, Miss E. Colman; supply secretary, Mrs. T. R. Lancaster; community friendship, Mrs. A. West; pianist, Miss D. Dixon.
GROUP LEADERS are: United, Mrs. T. W. Northfield; Elbow Park, Mrs. George Moffat; Mission, Mrs. A. West; Central, Mrs. L. F. Clarke; and Mount Royal, Mrs. C. J. Ford.
Mrs. George Moffat and Mrs. A. West were elected delegates to the presbyterial to be held Feb. 4 and 5 in Knox United Church.
Extracted by J. Kynman 2015-09-05