ClubCalgaryCanadaClubOfficers1948-01-30No4154

Calgary Herald

1948-01-30 Page 7

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7ShkAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vXsNAAAAIBAJ&pg=991%2C2925028

Miss Winnifred Riddell President of Canada Club 

Miss Winnifred Riddell was installed as president of the Canada Club of Calgary at the annual banquet held recently in the Palliser hotel. Reports were received from the retiring executive and the installation of officers took place.
T
he retiring president, Miss Martha Olson, congratulated members on their efforts and expressed thanks to the various conveners of the socials.
THE SECRETARY, Miss Jessie Duff, reported that during 1947 a donation was given to Girls' Town so that some of their members could be sent to camp. A donation of $50 was given to the Rotary Club Parcels for Britain Fund. The club also assisted in soliciting for the Community Chest Drive.
A Chris
tmas party was held for 52 children between the ages of 4 and 8 and the annual Christmas party was held for the veterans at the Bell Home when gifts were presented. The club also continued the up-keep of the two rooms in the Col. Belcher hospital which they have completely furnished.
The treasurer, Miss Frances Kennedy, in presenting the financial statement, reported a most successful year. Miss Annie Fraser, hospital convener, reported on the work of her committee and mentioned the numerous letters of thanks received from those who had been patients in the hospital.
THE NEWLY elected officers
 installed by Miss Olson are as follows: 
Miss Riddell, 
president; Miss Margaret Holmes,
 vice-president; Mrs. Helen Jones, secretary; Miss Annie Fraser, treasurer; Mrs. Mary McCartan, executive member.
The retiring president was presented with a gift from the members. The newly elected president briefly outlined the activities of the club for the coming year.


Extracted by J. Kynman 2015-09-25