1953-11-13 Page 5
French Club Formed Here
A social club for French-Canadians, "Club francais de Calgary," was organized recently.
Membership is not restricted to persons of French descent. Anyone interested in the French element and with the French language is eligible.
DR. L. O. BEAUCHEMIN was elected chairman of the club; Dr. G. O. Collet, secretary, and F. R. Giroux secretary-treasurer. Directors are: J. J. Durant, J. D. Caron, H. P. Bouchard, P. C. Prevost, J. P. Bourbonnais, and A. G. Comeault.
The provisory head office of the club is at 539, 19th Ave. W.
The establishment of the new club was inspired by the St. Jean Baptiste Society of Calgary which will give a banquet in honor of the club Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at the Sky Room.
Extracted by J. Kynman 2015-01-18