ClubCalgaryYMCALadiesAuxiliay1953-06-03No2895

 

Calgary Herald

1953-06-03 Page 2

 

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=wS9kAAAAIBAJ&sjid=9XsNAAAAIBAJ&pg=5748%2C353914

 

"Y" Auxiliary Re-Elects As Head Mrs. A. L. Hebenton

Mrs. A. L. Hebenton was re-elected president of the L.A. to the Y.M.C.A. for a fifth term at the recent luncheon meeting, held in Knox United Church parlors. Other officers of the new executive are:
Honorary presidents, Mrs. H. W. Kingerley and Mrs. W. H. Herriot; past president, Mrs. R. O. Gorman; first, second and third vice-presidents, Mrs. J. P. Gordon, Mrs. A. T. Pippard and Mrs. H. B. MacDonald, respectively; secretary, Mrs. Earl Halstenson; andtreasurer, Mrs. Donald Meyers.
Group conveners elected were Mrs. W. A. Eagleson, social, assisted by Mrs. R. C. Tucker and Mrs. M. G. Hawkes; house, Mrs. Con Dietiker; press, Mrs. G. J. Riezebos; membership, Mrs. Fred Babet; and  sick-visiting, Mrs. Harry Le Vesconte.
It was proposed that $1,100 be spent on dishes for the new "Y". The auxiliary helps to raise funds for the extension of services at the "Y", and during the past year teas, bazaars and bridge parties were held. The L.A. donated $25 to the World Youth Fund.
Members also assist with the New Year's Day reception, the father-and-son and mother-and-son banquets, and they canvass for the community chest campaign.


Extracted by J. Kynman 2014-11-06