1953-06-12 Page 5
(By Herald Correspondent)
NATAL-- The joint installation of the Fraternal Order of Eagles and the Ladies Auxiliary, Michel Aerie 1864, was held in the community hall at Michel Saturday.
The joint installation was followed by a banquet and dance in St. Paul's Church hall.
The Ladies Auxiliary had their officers installed by their drill team under the direction of captain Mrs. F. McVeigh of Sparwood. The following members of the Ladies Auxiliary were duly installed.
PAST PRESIDENT, Mrs. G. Lancaster; president, Mrs. K. McFarlane; vice-president, Mrs. J. Whittaker; conductor, Mrs. A. Krall Sr.; chaplain, Mrs. W. Beard; secretary, Mrs. C. Kozler; outside guard, Mrs. T. Wookey; inside guard, Mrs. L. Rothel; trustees, Mrs. J. Desjardin, Mrs. F. McVeigh, and Mrs. E. Taber. Pianist throughout the joint installation was Mrs. S. Grocutt of Michel.
The following members of the local that were installed. for the 1953-54 term were:
Worthy president, Bro. F. Nash; worthy past president, Bro. T. Littler; worthy vice-president, Bro. W. Chalmers; worthy chaplain, Bro. J. Linn; worthy treasurer, Bro. G. Mannion; worthy secretary, Bro. J. K. Mitchell who was not installed as he is serving a three year term as secretary; worthy inside guard, Bro. J. Tappay; worthy auditor, Bro. J. Grocutt; worthy trustees-- Bro. F. Andrews, Bro. P. J. Chala and Bro. T. Sanderson.
The installing officers for the Ladies Auxiliary were Mrs. J. Phillips, installing officer and Mrs. G. Mannion as grand conductor, while for the lodge, Bro. T. Sanderson of Michel was installing officers aided by Bro. M. Galla who was grand conductor.
Extracted by J. Kynman 2014-11-10