1953-01-27 Page 6
Pythian Sisters Hold Installation Of New Slate
Past chief Mrs. Ken Ruttle conducted the installation of officers for 1953 at the recent meeting of the Pythian Sisters Victory temple No. 1. She was assisted by grand manager Mrs. Harold Parsons and grand senior Mrs. Ronald Lovelace.
The slate is as follows: past chief, Mrs. Harold Willetts; most excellent chief, Mrs. Iver Langager; senior, Mrs. Raymond Brown; junior, Miss Dorothy Powe; manager, Mrs. Lloyd Griffiths; secretary, Miss Francis Boyd; and treasurer, Mrs. Hugh Brown.
Other officers filled include: protector, Mrs. E. Gordon; guard, Mrs. J. Kulsky; grand representative, past chief Mrs. William Grout; alternate delegate, Mrs. Ken Ruttle; press, Mrs. F. Olson; and trustees, Mrs. Spencer Nabholz, Mrs. Robert MacCullough and Mrs. P. W. Perry.
Supreme honors were given supreme junior Mrs. Nellie Douglas of Medicine Hat, and grand honors were given grand past chiefs Mrs. Ormie Mead, Mrs. J. C. Wainwright, and Mrs. A. Steele now of Calgary.
Supreme junior, Mrs. Nellie Douglas presented the past chief pins and certificates to past chief Mrs. Harold Willetts, Mrs. John Webb and Mrs. Robert Parsons. The M.E.C. Mrs. Iver Langager presented gifts to the installation officers, the retiring M.E.C. secretary and pianist, as well as a gift to supreme junior Mrs. Nellie Douglas. Following the meeting Mrs. E. Gordon and her committee served supper.
Extracted by J. Kynman 2014-08-31